Thursday, November 11, 2010

Breakfast Challenge: Day Seven

I tend to go through phases with cooking. I'll learn a new recipe or decide to try something new and then for a few weeks cook that meal often. I've done this with stir-fry's, dumplings and risotto and then after cooking it for a few weeks, I'll move on and try something new. Now that I'm on holidays though, I'm going to try cooking with more variety, trying new recipes and going back to dishes I used to cook on a weekly basis.

This brings me to my breakfast choice for this morning which is bruschetta. It's something I used to make for a lazy weekend breakfast or lunch when I felt like something light and fresh, but for some reason I've just stopped making it. It's such a simple dish too. All I did was brush both sides of two slices of bread (I used Pane de casa) with olive oil and pan fried the bread until it was golden brown, adding more olive oil if needed. Meanwhile I chopped a quarter of an avocado, a tomato, a few olives and some fresh basil. After a few minutes the bread was cooked and I topped it with these ingredients as well as adding some sea salt and black pepper. I also served this with a few fresh strawberries I picked from the garden. Finito!


Well that was the last day of my breakfast challenge, where for a week I've tried to make something different and (mostly) healthy for breakfast each day. It's been fun and I've rediscovered foods like quinoa, which has been sitting in my cupboard but I've just forgotten about it and now bruschetta! Hope you've got a few ideas of some easy and healthy breakfast options, so now theres no excuse to skip breakfast!

See you soon :)

Hannah x

P.S. I know what you're all thinking. What am I going to eat tomorrow for breakfast? Am I going to have something new again (muffins perhaps), or go back to my usual porridge? Well I shall leave you in suspense...

2 comments:

  1. Oh Hannah! Why have you stopped posting?! I think you're next challenge should be to make a vegetarian dish from a new culture each day for a week! Let me know what you think. Rolf ox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah the suspense is killing me! I can't wait to see what beautiful dish you'll create next.

    ReplyDelete