Saturday, December 4, 2010

Baked Mushrooms

 Since getting two new health/cookbooks recently as I mentioned in my last post, I can't stop cooking and planning what I'll make next! I thought I'd actually start a little series on cookbooks I'm loving at the moment and share recipes from them. And who knows, they might be the perfect Christmas present for you or a friend ;) So to start off, one of the books I recently acquired is Lola Berry's book Inspiring Ingredients. Lola Berry is a qualified nutritionist and has a wonderful website full of useful tips, tricks and super healthy recipes you can check out here . The book itself is packed full of advice on exercise, daily meal portions, legumes, stress, skin, grains, digestion etc as well over 30 fabulous vegetarian (and some vegan) recipes I can actually see myself making. For a light lunch today I used her book to make 'Mushroom baked'.

Recipe: Baked Mushrooms
Ingredients
12 medium Swiss Brown mushrooms (I used 4 large portobello mushrooms instead)
60 grams feta
breadcrumbs from one-day-old stale bread
a cup of Italian parsley (I used basil instead)
lemon zest from half a lemon
drizzle of vincotto (or balsamic vinegar)
Method:
1. Clean the mushrooms (including the stalks) with a damp cloth. Remove stalks and roughly chop.
2. Combine with breadcrumbs from one-day-old stale bread, pulse in a food processor or roughly chop. 3. Combine with chopped parsley and lemon zest, some parmesan and a glug of olive oil. Pulse until it's rough. Throw the mushroom stalks in.
4. Season the mushrooms and drizzle with some vincotto (or balsamic vinegar). Distribute the breadcrumb mixture evenly over the mushrooms and at 180 degrees for 12-15 minutes, until golden and crumble feta on top.

I had two large portobello mushrooms with some baby asparagus and another drizzle of balsamic vinegar. They tasted really yummy and I'm definitely making these again soon!! :) What do you think?

Hope you're all having a fab weekend! 

Hannah x

2 comments:

  1. YUM. I think I'm going to have to try this out. The book sounds really interesting too.

    ReplyDelete