Monday, January 10, 2011

Berry yoghurt muffins

Hello :) I mentioned in my last post I wanted to bake something and after looking for a yummy recipe I managed to find a muffin recipe in the Vogue Forums of all places. I was surprised at how relatively healthy they are too as they contain eggs, oats, yoghurt and berries! And a small amount of vegetable oil, instead of butter.

Recipe: Berry yoghurt muffins (made 8)
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1/3 cup oats
3 eggs
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 yoghurt
1/3 vegetable oil
180g fresh/frozen berries (I used frozen raspberries)
Directions:
Combine sifted flour with oats in bowl. Stir in eggs, sugar, yoghurt and oil; add berries, stir gently into muffin mixture. Bake for 20 minutes and leave to cool for 5 minutes.

I've (just) tried and tested the recipe, as you can see and can safely say they are one of the easiest and yummiest muffin recipes I've used! The addition of 3 eggs and yoghurt make them light, moist and delicious! I'm definitely making these again soon...

Go on, give it a try!

Hannah x

1 comment:

  1. Those cupcakes look spectacular, and the cupcake holders really make them look professional. I sure hope you do make them again soon :)

    ReplyDelete