Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Birthday Lunch

Hello :) Today I've been at my Grandparents house with my family, celebrating my Grandfathers birthday! It was a splendid occasion, catching up with relatives, present opening and of course, eating delicious food! I managed to take photos of some yummy (vegetarian) dishes...

A few starters, served with wine/champagne. Cheese+crackers and homemade hummus+lebanese bread
Lunch: roasted pine nut, avocado and mango salad. One of my favourite combinations!
Roasted smashed potatoes with thyme and fennel seeds. Loved the addition of fennel seeds- good for digestion too!
Salad with mango, rasins, watercress, lettuce, walnuts, alfalfa sprouts and parmasen
Sweet potato and capsicum slice/bake
My Lunch plate. A well balanced meal in my opinion.
Dessert: blueberry, apple and coconut crumble. This was so divine...I even got the recipe from my Nanna so I can make it soon :)
Coconut and jam slice 
 Cake! It was a delicious, moist but oh-so-light chocolate cake topped with melted chocolate...

Now a little about portion control. As delicious as all this food was, sometimes it's very easy to overeat. At the end of the meal I wanted to feel satisfied, not overly full so what I did was leave out bread with my meal and I opted not to have custard with my blueberry, apple and coconut crumble. I also tried not to over indulge in the cheese and crackers. And because I cut out these foods it meant I had more room to have some delicious homemade dessert and cake! Yummo. 

Hannah x

2 comments:

  1. Roasted pine nut, avacado and mango salad? Never heard of that combo & now desperately want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly yumsters!

    So much vego goodness... I wish my family was like yours!!! x

    ReplyDelete