Saturday, September 3, 2011

Fig + raisin bread on a sunny day...

Hello :) This morning I had a difficult decision to make. I could either listen to a lecture on the male reproductive system which I missed or go with my friend to Newtown to look around, enjoy coffee, cake and buy a loaf of bread. I chose the latter.

We went to Luxe Expresso, just off King St on Missenden Road. They have a-m-a-z-i-n-g food there!! My friend got a custard tart (the best one she's ever had!) and a macchiato and I got a jam torte and a soy cappuccino. Lattes are for the week, and cappuccino's are for the weekend I say ;) They have quite a selection of delicious looking brunches and lunches too but we just felt like coffee and something sweet.

I also got this fig + raisin loaf. Isn't she gorgeous?! When I got home I couldn't resist having a slice or two, but how did I eat it?
Step 1: I arranged the loaf on the paper bag and took arty shots...
Step 2: Cut a thick, generous slice. 
Step 3: Spread with fresh ricotta. I'm kind of going through an obsession with ricotta at the moment. And I shall be making a pasta dish with ricotta tonight!
Step 4: Sprinkled with blueberries. These blueberries were so plump and sweet, I'm so excited they're in season :)
Step 5: Went outside to enjoy my bread in the sunshine!! But don't forget to wear a hat.... :) 

Hope you're soaking up the vitamin D.... 

Hannah x

9 comments:

  1. oh Hannah this bread looks AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! they have such amazing breads there- so yum :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm ricotta on fresh bread is amazing! Sounds like you definitely picked the right choice between the boring lecture and foodie adventure! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane- agreeee! I've eaten waay too much though :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This bread looks delicious, and what a great topping to put on it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel- thankyou, it's a great combo :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look super cute in that last photo!! Lovely hat!
    Cate mentioned you ran into her at Nth Gong this morning? I saw her, but didn't say hello (regrettably) but! This means you must have been on my train! How funny three of us bloggers all in one place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that was a simple 5 steps of happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michaela- haha I know, thats so funny we were all on the same platform!! :) xo

    the bechamel sauce- yes indeed! :) xo

    ReplyDelete