Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Super scrumptious pancakes!

Hello :) I will now proceed to delight you with some super scrumptious pancakes, I've been making in the past week. Enjoy!

1. Blueberry buttermilk pancakes. 
Heidi alerted me about a week ago (here), to the deliciousness, that are these cakes of the pan! And...I've already made them twice already, in the space of a week. The first time I made them, I wasn't entirely sure if everyone had eaten breakfast so I halved the recipe so it made 6. Well it would appear everyone was quite eager for the pancakes, so we had to each have 1.5. Ha! I learnt my lesson & on Australia Day we were treated to 3 pancakes each for breakfast.


But how do they taste? 
Kinda really yummy! It's a recipe by Heidi Swanson, who calls it her "favourite pancakes recipe". They're full of buttermilk goodness, and I used spelt flour too. A touch of sugar, some baking soda & eggs and that's pretty much it. So, they're very simple to make. I didn't make the blueberry maple syrup, but just added blueberries to the pancakes, when they were cooking.

Recipe: Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes


2. Banana Bread Pancakes.
So, I'm kind of in love with this recipe from the ever wonderful Sarah. It's dairy free, sugar free & gluten free...and tastes amazing! I had completely forgotten they were banana bread pancakes until I tasted them, and they do really taste like it! You basically blend up walnuts & oats into a flour, and whizz up a banana, nut milk (I used soy), maple syrup etc. It has all the core ingredients of a delicious banana bread, in a pancake form. Genius!


I did find them a little fiddly to flip in the pan, but that's hardly a downside! I can hardly wait to make them again, this weekend :) 



Seeing as I usually just whip up my usual crepes most weekends, it's been fun to jazz it up and experiment with more pancake recipes!

See you on the flip side (aha! get it?)

Hannah x

5 comments:

  1. Oh yum! Way to make me drool! I might have to give that banana one a go sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, flip side. You're so witty, Hannah ;) hehe. Thanks for the link! The banana bread pancakes look AHHH-MAZING!! Must make them soon!
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd love the banana bread pancakes- they're awesome & super healthy :)

      Delete