Friday, March 30, 2012

Roast Sweet Potato = delicious!

Hello :) Roasted sweet potatoes seems to be the perfect addition to my meals of late. They add a lovely sweetness & bulk up meals too, keeping me satisfied! I've been baking them with the skins left on, why I haven't done this the whole time I have no idea. And lately I've been having sweet potato with...

Spinach & bean curd dumplings and organic ramen. I only just discovered they sell frozen packs of dumplings, at my favourite dumpling restaurant, so I've been stocking up. Buying them frozen is a cheaper alternative too. Such a fabulous quick meal. All you do is steam the dumplings and cook the noodles!
Buckwheat & quinoa corn fritters.
Wood smoked salmon, steamed broccoli and asparagus and millet. I've started eating wood smoked salmon, from a stall at Marrickville markets and this one is topped with lemon and spices...it's just divine :)

So if you're looking for an accompaniment for dinner, you can't go past roasted sweet potatoes! And as usual, what did I do with leftovers? I made a salad with the potatoes, millet, steamed vegetables and chickpeas for uni the next day :)

It's Friday! What are you going to be cooking this weekend?

Hannah x

3 comments:

  1. When I read the meals you make the one thought that always runs through my head is "I want to eat that". I had an hot chips tonight. I'm a little sick at the moment so craving all kinds of comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thanks, sweet potato chips are an awesome comfort food! we have cooking class Wednesday I think, exciting :) x

      Delete
  2. omg I LOVE roasted sweet potato. Seriously, it's the best. Mashed too. mmmmm. I'm about to pop a roast chicken into the oven! Happy Sunday night :)
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete