Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Spiced Kale Chips

Hello :) Most of the food I eat at the moment, is bought from farmers markets. I really enjoy buying local produce and being able to talk to the growers and stallholders. I love working at the EQ markets on Wednesday and happily spend my weekend mornings at markets relaxing in the sun with a chai...

I tend to buy a bunch or two of kale almost every week. Fabulous for soups, omelettes and also for these nutritious bites.

Spiced Kale Chips!

1 small bunch of kale 


1 tablespoon of macadamia oil
pinch of himalayan crystal salt
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon paprika 

I used macadamia oil because it has a high smoke point, which is good for baking with and has a lovely subtle taste. I bought the himalayan salt a few days ago, and its just so salty! And packed with minerals too, I enjoy adding it to my meals. 


1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius 
2. Tear the leaves off the kale bunch. Wash & dry the leaves throughly
3. Mix other ingredients together in a small bowl and brush the mixture on the kale leaves
4. Bake for about 10-12 minutes. Keep checking after 10 minutes (they burn easily) and take them out when the edges are crisp and slightly brown


I realise these spiced kale chips aren't everyones cup of tea, but I find them to be a great in the afternoon for an energy lift! Oh and they're yummy and crunchy too :) 


Hannah x

3 comments:

  1. I'm seeing recipes for kale everywhere. Never cooked with it before! Must try these chippies. Lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep- lots of people tend to blog about them! They're an interesting way to use kale, super yummy :)

      Delete
  2. i'm making myself a big batch of kale chips tonight! love the crunch. great spice additions too :)
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete