Hello :) Time to celebrate the weekend with some crispy potatoes! After a few tips from a friend I have now perfected potato baking. The trick is to cut the potatoes relatively small, boil them initially & let them steam before popping them in the oven. The addition of coconut oil, curry powder and sea salt is truly delicious!
Recipe: Crispy Coconut Potatoes
5-6 small potatoes, peeled and cut into thirds or quarters
1 tablespoon coconut oil
Pinch of curry powder
Pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius. In the meantime, bring a medium pot of water to the boil and add the potatoes. Turn the heat down let the potatoes simmer for 8-10 minutes.
2. Drain the potatoes and let them steam in a sieve for 5 minutes.
3. Transfer the potatoes to a baking tray. At this point you may want to rough them up with a fork, to increase the surface area (this helps them crisp up). Mix in the coconut oil (don't worry if it isn't in its liquid state, as it'll melt), and sprinkle on curry powder and sea salt to taste.
4. Bake for about 40 minutes until golden and crispy.
5. You may like to serve them with chopped dill or with a rocket salad.
Have a great weekend...