Friday, October 25, 2013

Of late ...

Hello :) A quick post with some snaps of late! Enjoy ...

I've switched my coffee order in the past week, from a latte to a piccolo. Yes, exciting stuff. I've realised too much milk ain't great for my digestion, and have found having a smaller coffee is a lot better. It's all about listening to your body. Plus I'll also mention I never drink coffee without eating something ...again, for digestion. At the moment macadamias and butter/vegemite vitaweats are the winning coffee snacks. Or a homemade muffin.

How cute is my new piccolo keepcup!? Awwwww.


I love reading Dumbo Feather. It's a breath of fresh air from most of the other magazines out there, and is always inspiring, uplifting, and informative. A magazine of substance. Clare Bowditch is on the cover in this issue, and she's gorgeous, as is her interview. 


I try to make my salads for uni yum and some exciting ingredients lately include snow peas, almonds, olives, sun dried tomatoes, and green beans. I'll always add some chickpeas or a four bean mix to the salad, and usually take tuna and vitawheats too.


Love the Night Noodle Markets in Hyde park every year. It always comes around so quickly! The lanterns were so pretty this year ... I think it was the most photographed display!


At the markets I had the porklol as it's called, which was like a banh mi, and had shredded and pickled carrot and cabbage with a filling of roasted pork belly. Pretty darn delicious!


A typical lunch at home. Pasture fed sage & caramelised onion sausages cooked in butter, with beans, cucumber, roasted potato with dill and some labnah.


Pho from Great Aunty Three in Enmore is delicious! 


My lunch today using what was in the fridge. Chorizo, potatoes (steamed and fried in butter with the chorizo), cucumber, avocado, olives, and lots of dill from the garden.


& this afternoon I made a batch of banana bread muffins (recipe from Sophie Dahl's cookbook) and added some cacao nibs, coconut flakes, nutmeg, and walnuts. Oh and there's some butter too ;)


Also, did anyone see the catalyst story on cholesterol and heart disease? I haven't seen it yet, but will, as I'm a pretty big fan of Christine Cronau, who advocates a high fat diet. For quite a while now, I'm all about eating plenty of saturated fats from butter, cream, pasture fed meats, coconut oil, and coconut milk. A little paleo I suppose. I really do feel better eating less grains and more fat. Interesting stuff.

Oh and I still have a few travel posts to get through ...

Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment