Sunday, October 19, 2014

A Nice Few Weeks

Hello :) What a nice few weeks it has been ... 

Spent two weekends ago working both days at the first chocolate festival in circular quay at the Mayan Xocolat stall. We were making coffees and hot chocolates spiked with chili, cardamom and cinnamon - such a nice kick of flavour! I didn't make the coffee though,  I was giving out samples, grabbing milk from the fridge, and on Sunday when it was super hot we started selling iced coffees so I spent most of the time filling up cups with ice!

Roberto has a stall regularly at orange grove and french's forest market with plans of opening a cafe next year ... 


The dense chocolate brownies were slightly addictive ... 


My friend introduced me to this divine italian cheese called stracchino ... a creamy and soft fresh curd type cheese. I paired it simply with pasta, fresh tomatoes, parsley and olive oil. Good food doesn't need to be jazzed up all too much.


Dinner outside one evening ... lamb backstrap with buttery parsnip mash (so good! must make it again soon!) and a fresh, crunchy salad.


Porridge made by soaking oats with a tablespoon of chia seeds in coco quench (a coconut and rice milk mix) overnight, and cooked in the morning stirring honey and cultured butter in it. Sometimes I add in sliced pear that I poach in a little water and sugar.


Making the most of my downtime ... I'm actually working seven days a week at the moment! It's a little hectic, but luckily they aren't all full days so I can enjoy a morning or afternoon off a few times a week. 


Slowing easing into the day with a long black and the paper 


I have been loving the early evening light in my room ...


Cabbage, broccoli and baby cauliflowers from wollahra markets


I used an outer cabbage leaf to make a wrap for dinner tonight - raw, crunchy and fresh! Added some barley, trout, labnah, radish and cucumber. 


Afternoon snacking with market produce ... rye spelt toast from sonoma with pepe saya butter, stracchino cheese, radish, cucumber and sugar snaps. 


Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment